COSMETIC MEDICAL SERVICES
What is Cosmetic Medicine?
This is a branch of medicine, in fact a collection of specialties, focusing on the improvement of cosmetic appearances through the dermatology treatment of conditions like scars, wrinkles, moles, cellulite etc.
Cosmetic Medical services, traditionally, includes Dermatology, Reconstructive and Plastic Surgeries and the different procedures are :
- Surgical Procedures, like liposuction, facelifts, breast implants, radio-frequency ablations etc.
- Non-Surgical Procedures, like radio-frequency skin-tightening, non-surgical liposuction, chemical peel etc.
Cosmetic Medicine specializes in improving cosmetic appearance and has wide applications for dermatological and surgical conditions like:
- Minimize aging like skin laxity, wrinkles and liver spots.
- Reducing excess fat, cellulite and obesity
- Remove scars, unwanted hair, skin discolouration and spider veins using laser treatment.
The overall health of a patient is fully assessed by a physician before treating a symptom like excess weight, hair etc., to confirm it is not an underlying medical condition like hyperthyroidism that has to be treated medically.
Cosmetic Medical Services
Some of the Cosmetic medical services are:
- Abdominoplasty: to make the tummy thinner and firm, also called tummy tuck.
- Botox Injections: used for reduction of wrinkles.
- Breast Augmentation or reduction: using mammoplasty procedures to enhance and reduce the breast, as the case may be.
- Brachioplasty: to reshape and contour the upper-arms and the connecting area of the chest.
- Chemical Peels: improves and smoothens skin texture by regenerating new tissues resulting in wound healing processes.
- Cellulite Treatment: removal of cellulite using medical procedures like:
- Carboxytherapy: reduces cellulite by injecting gaseous carbon-dioxide below the skin to kill the fat cells, stimulate blood flow and improve skin elasticity.
- Contour Threads: vertically lifts facial tissues that dropped due to aging.
- Dermal Fillers injection: soft-tissue filler is injected to help fill facial wrinkles.
- Facelifts: is a facial toning procedure that removes wrinkles surgically.
- Hair Transplantation: removes hair follicles from a donor site in the body and transplants them to the balding site through a minimally invasive procedure.
- Laser Therapy: used to remove scars and stretch marks.
- Laser Hair removal: unwanted hair removed by exposure to laser and destroying hair follicle.
- Laser tattoo removal: Ink particles of the tattoo breaks down on exposure to lasers.
- Lipolysis: a body contouring technique that breaks down lipids and hydrolyses triglycerides to glycerol and free fatty acids.
- Lipotomy: dissolves undesirable greasy clusters without surgery using Hypo-osmolar treatment.
- Liposuction: a cosmetic surgery that removes fat from the human body especially from the abdomen, thighs, buttocks and back of arms.
- Non-Surgical Liposuction: uses following techniques to reduce fat.
- Cryolipolysis: fat cells are destroyed by exposure to low temperature without damage to overlying skin.
- Ultrasound: increases the tissue temperature using focused ultrasound, resulting in fat reduction.
- Low Laser: reduces adipose cell membranes stability and release fat without damaging the cell.
- Mesotherapy Injection: removal of fat using cosmetic medicine treatment that attacks adipose fat cells.
- Nd:YAG laser: helps in treating minor vascular defects like spider veins.
- Permanent makeup: a cosmetic technique that uses tattoos to resemble permanent makeup.
- Photorejuvenation: removal of effects of photo-aging, like wrinkles, spots etc., using lasers, intense pulsed light et al.
- Rhinoplasty: a plastic surgery procedure to correct and restructure the nose.
- Radio Frequency Skin Tightening: an alternative to facelifts that use Radio-frequency to heat tissue and reduce fine lines and loose skin.
Much advice is seen in the media and in local advertisments regarding cosmetic treatments, many of which are un-proven or even harmful.
The team at Jacobs hospital is commited to giving you only the best and appropriate advice and is backed by the experience and expertise of its care givers.
Dr. A.K Bhat, our Plastic surgeon and Dr.Malavika , our cosmetologist are reputed and experienced consultants in their respective fields and would give you expert advise and solutions for your cosmetic needs.
Thank you... We will contact you Soon...
Sorry ... Please Try Again
Newsletters & Subscription